API for signing pdf's online
What information do we collect?
In order to make our service work, we may need to collect, access, and store Personal Information of you and others that need to sign the document:
Our service may use temporary cookies, but these do not contain any Personal Information.
- User Data: User names, email addresses and images of signature(s).
- Metadata: IP addresses, user agents (used browser and os) and date/time of contacting our servers and accessing the Documents.
- Document: The contents in a pdf provided by the person or company who initiated the signing request and can contain Personal Information.
Where and how is this information stored?
All Personal Information is collected and accessed over an encrypted connection and stored on secured servers, based in the European Union (Tilaa, Amsterdam or Haarlem, The Netherlands).
If you choose to save your signature image (for later use), this image will be stored in your browsers Local Storage, not on our servers.
What information will be deleted and what will remain on our servers?
The User Data and the Document (and it’s contents) will be deleted at some point explained in the next section. The Metadata will remain on the server for at least one year. This metadata is only linked to an identification number (id) and/or identification string (sid) and not to any Personal Information after deletion.
How long will User Data and Documents remain on our servers?
- When the date set in the signing request has passed. Or when;
- The signing process remains incomplete: 7 days after the request posted or the last reminder sent. Or when;
- The signed documents have been sent to all recipients: 7 days after the completion of the request. Or when;
- The documents have been downloaded via the call back service: 24 hours after the completion of the request. Or when;
- The document is rejected: 7 days after the rejection of the request.
What rights are available to you?
Once you start using our services, you will have the right, at any time, to require us to do any of the following with respect to your Personal Information:
We will make all reasonable best efforts to comply with all of the above requests (when received) as soon as possible. If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, kindly send an email to email@example.com.
- Delete/erase all Personal Information pertaining to you that we may have on our systems;
- Rectify, modify, or alter any of your Personal Information, if you have identified any mistake, error or inaccuracy in the same;
- Export and provide you with a copy of all your Personal Information that we may have on our servers.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure of any information concerning you if the same is either required or was effected through no fault, act, or omission of our company.
We are free to offer our services to anyone without restriction.